Mark Allman: Internet measurement: what next?

E.B. Dreger eddy+public+spam at noc.everquick.net
Tue Jul 8 01:18:42 UTC 2003

SL> Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:47:53 +0100
SL> From: Simon Lockhart

SL> As predominantly a content hoster, I'd love to know more about the path
SL> between my servers and the end user. Stuff like how much bandwidth is
SL> available (or, potentially available, to remove the congestion issue),
SL> in real time (i.e. as fast as PMTUD works). Really stuff so I can decide

You mean something like RouteScience [supposedly] does or ECN
influencing next hop?  Yes, I know, that would get ugly for
transit ASes.  For the degenerate case of a leaf AS, though,
things become simpler...

Eddy
--
Brotsman & Dreger, Inc. - EverQuick Internet Division
Phone: +1 (785) 865-5885 Lawrence and [inter]national
  blacklist at brics.com -or- alfra at intc.net -or- curbjmp at intc.net