Mark Allman: Internet measurement: what next?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Mon Jul 7 18:44:05 UTC 2003

Mark Allman wrote:

> Folks-
>
> I sent the following note out the Internet Measurement Research
> Group (of the IRTF) mailing list last week.  I'd love to hear from
> operations folk on these sorts of question... i.e., what would you
> love to be able to measure that you can't do terribly effectivly
> today?

I'd like to masure throughtput, latency, and jitter of the entire
Internet in a 3d model accessible via VR gear, color coded links, and
cool abilities to highlight a path and examine it. Oh, and for
interconnect points where you have access, a VR telnet session would be
nice.

(a boy can dream, can't he?)

-Jack