ISP Whitelist (was Re: NOC contact for he.net)

Simon Lyall simon.lyall at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jul 4 00:38:24 UTC 2003

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:
> Heh, I'm here not as a lawyer, but as CEO of Habeas.  The HISP is a
> companion to our HUL whitelist, which is a list of the IP addresses of
> our customer/licensees (bulk mail guaranteed to be confirmed opt-
> in), and our HIL (DNS blocklist of those who breach our license or
> otherwise infringe our trademark by using it to try to get spam
> through).

I hope you've provisioned a bit more bandwidth onto your various DNS
servers that are handling your whiet/blacklists. About a 2 months ago
there seemed to be some sort of confusion where you took your HIL list down,
changed it's name and then changed it to zone-xfer only. Not a lot of fun
for Spamasassin users which had it configured in by default (and others no
doubt).

Services that people are going to configure into their mail configs must
be have a high uptime and preferable not change without warning (never
change is even better).

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: simon.lyall at ihug.co.nz
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: simon at darkmere.gen.nz