ISP Whitelist (was Re: NOC contact for he.net)

Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. amitchell at habeas.com
Thu Jul 3 19:24:55 UTC 2003

> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Anne P. Mitchell, Esq. wrote:
> > If you're interested in reviewing the criteria for acceptance onto
> > the HISP (contained in a HISP license which, again, is free),
> > contact me off-list.
>
> Gosh, didn't the AGIS lawyers once try to save the net?  Licenses,
> licenses, licenses.

Heh, I'm here not as a lawyer, but as CEO of Habeas.  The HISP is a
companion to our HUL whitelist, which is a list of the IP addresses of
our customer/licensees (bulk mail guaranteed to be confirmed opt-
in), and our HIL (DNS blocklist of those who breach our license or
otherwise infringe our trademark by using it to try to get spam
through).

Anne