Routing preferences question

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Thu Jan 30 07:37:52 UTC 2003

   Hi,

Does anybody know how/if I can force cisco router to consider ospf route
(I'll consider other igp protocol if its possible) from particular source
to be prefereble over connected and locally-entered static routes. This is
needed for failover project I'm doing. Please note that especially big
question is with "connected" route through subinterface, which I can't
find any way to override with igp, for static I could at least make them
learned igp routes.

I'd apprecitate to know how somebody has done something this or at least
find for sure that its impossible. If it matters, I'm trying to do it
on 7500 running 12.0 ios and interfaces are ethernet isl vlans.

---
William Leibzon
Elan Communications
william at elan.net