routing between provider edge and CPE routers

Bruce Robertson bruce at greatbasin.net
Wed Jan 29 19:09:17 UTC 2003

We switched to BGP just recently, before things got out of hand.  I highly
recommend that you do so.  It really does work better.  It's very nice seeing
your OSPF config carry essentially just the loopback interfaces.

> In particular I'm wondering about the thousands of lines of
> configuration used to make static routes work.

You don't say whether you're using Cisco, but recent IOSes have no trouble
with huge configurations.  You may have to use 'service compress-config'.

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO				     +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.			fax: +1-775-348-9412