Level3 routing issues?

cowie at renesys.com cowie at renesys.com
Tue Jan 28 01:56:22 UTC 2003

> > here's a plot showing the impact on BGP routing tables from seven ISPs
> > (plotted using route-views data):
> > http://www.research.att.com/~griffin/bgp_monitor/sql_worm.html
>
> And as an interesting counterpoint to this, this graph shows
> the number of BGP routing updates received at MIT before, during,
> and after the worm (3 day window).  Tim's plots showed that the
> number of actual routes at the routers he watched was down
> significantly - these plots show that the actual BGP traffic
> was up quite a bit.  Probably the withdrawals that were taking
> routes away from routeviews...
>
> http://nms.lcs.mit.edu/~dga/sqlworm.html
>
>   -Dave

Wow, for a minute I thought I was looking at one of our old plots,
except for the fact that the x-axis says January 2003 and not
September 2001  :) :)

Your plot is consistent with what we saw on Saturday as well.  Looks
much like a "little Nimda."

Blast from the past:

	http://www.renesys.com/projects/bgp_instability

--jim