Banc of America Article

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Sun Jan 26 11:54:55 UTC 2003

Actually, I think too many assumptions were made.

Let's simplify.

We know UUNet traffic capabilities were reduced significantly.  Uunet
has many big customers.  Other big carriers had similar affects on their
networks, probably particularly at peering points.

We know many companies use public or private VPN services from major
carriers such as these, and that both VPN types may use public internet
carriers.

I think therefore that the only true conclusion we could say is that if
BoA's traffic was not prioritized, it therefore suffered collateral
damage primarily due to traffic not being able to get through between
ATM's and the central processing center.

Ray Burkholder