Level3 routing issues?

Neil J. McRae neil at DOMINO.ORG
Sat Jan 25 17:44:11 UTC 2003

> Not sure you can claim something you have for free is liable or with
> guarantee

Thats total rubbish. Whether you pay for it or not shouldn't matter.
You might also want to consider reading the various software agreement
licenses that come with various pieces of software both free and non-free.

> True altho it does appear to affect MS more so than it ought to even considering
> their market lead.

What evidence do you have here? If I count the number of DDOS attacks
from insecure Linux boxes that we've seen in the last year, I'd say that its
on par.

> I expect my purchases to live up to their sales description

> Yes, thats bad.. people should be more clueful than they are, I blame folks
> being cheap, having staff who are clueless, low quality equipment, this is the
> market we're in.

Do you actually use MS SQL?  From what you've posted I'd say not. Have
you had a network outage that your customers have had to suffer?

You are blaming yourself in the last statement as its upto operators to
make sure customers get the message about securing their network.
I've been whining at router manufacturers about alot of their
default options for years. Last week I whined at Cisco to put a
huge sticker on every CPE router they sell warning about Network
Security and Day to Day administration. How much of this to you
talk to your own customers about? Or do you just take the money?
I don't know of an industry where costs aren't always being lowered.

Regards,
Neil.
--
Neil J. McRae - Alive and Kicking