Level3 routing issues?

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Sat Jan 25 18:49:50 UTC 2003

> From: "Jack Bates" <jbates at brightok.net>
> To: "Avleen Vig" <lists-nanog at silverwraith.com>, "Bill Woodcock"
<woody at pch.net>
> Cc: "Mikael Abrahamsson" <swmike at swm.pp.se>, <nanog at merit.edu>
> Subject: Re: Level3 routing issues?
> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:28:59 -0600
>

> From: "Avleen Vig"
>

> <snip>
> > Let's not blame MS for admins who don't know how to secure their
> > boxes :-)
> > A patch was released mid-2002 and was also part of SQL Server SP3

Actually, I think a patch has been around since 1996 or so...  See CERT
advisory posted much earlier last night.

Regards,
Gregory Hicks

> Has it been verified that the mid-2002/SP3 patches work? I haven't
> heard anything difinitive on this yet.
>
> Jack Bates
> Network Engineer
> BrightNet Oklahoma

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems                  | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1             | Fax:      408.894.3479
San Jose, CA 95134                      | Internet: ghicks at cadence.com

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
ignorance or stupidity.

Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers