New worm / port 1434?

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Sat Jan 25 16:12:29 UTC 2003

Can you give me any information about which multicast group addresses
were being attacked ?

I have seen very little sign of this worm in interdomain multicast; it
does not seem
to be causing MSDP havoc the way that the RAMEN worm did.

                                  Regards
                                  Marshall Eubanks

On Saturday, January 25, 2003, at 06:00  AM, lost at l-w.net wrote:

> This one seemed to be particularly nasty as it was generating traffic to
> multicast addresses too. It caused a nice flood on the switched ethernet
> segment I had a vulnerable box on.  (And took out a router in the
> process.
> Great fun.)
>
> William Astle
> finger lost at l-w.net for further information
>
> Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N
> w--- !O
> !M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc.
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.multicasttech.com

Test your network for multicast :
http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/