Level3 routing issues?

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sat Jan 25 16:56:06 UTC 2003

    > > Dunno, arent they negligent?
    > > In any other industry a fundemental flaw would be met with lawsuits, in the
    > > computer world tho people seem to get around for some reason.
    >
    > Not true, look at cars and recalls. Also as I understand it MS
    > issued a fix for this sometime ago - it the users who didn't implement it!

Uh, lemme see if I get your argument.  People who buy exploding cars from
Vendor M are at fault when the cars explode, since cars from Vendor M
always explode, and Vendor M always disclaims responsibility, since
someone usually points out in advance that the cars will explode?

I'm not sure that your argument has anything to do with the law or with
right and wrong, but in a sort of social-Darwinism sort of way, I guess
I'd agree with it.  Except the herds of losers who still buy exploding
crap from Vendor M don't seem to be thinning themselves out quickly
enough.  Maybe they're sexually attractive to each other, and reproduce
before their stupidity kills them.  That would be unfortunate.  Or maybe
it's just that none of this computer stuff actually matters, so exploding
crap isn't actually fatal.  Maybe that's it.

                                -Bill