New worm / port 1434?

lost at l-w.net lost at l-w.net
Sat Jan 25 16:28:00 UTC 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> Can you give me any information about which multicast group addresses
> were being attacked ?

I didn't have any logging turned on at the time so I don't have the
addresses laying around. I just remember I had a storm of traffic trying
to go to addresses between 224.x.x.x and 247.x.x.x - the addresses looked
fairly random though. It may have been just a result of whatever random
address algorithm was being used. Since I don't route multicast, it stayed
local to the network segment but every host on the segment saw the
traffic.