SQL Server Worm?

Dave Stewart dbs at dbscom.com
Sat Jan 25 07:50:32 UTC 2003

I can't say for certain, not having taken an exhaustive look (it is, after
all, almost 3 in the morning out here on the right coast), but on the one
MS SQL server here, there do not appear to be new files installed, and
after rebooting, the server is *not* spewing forth traffic as it was earlier.

I don't see any new stored procedures at a glance, so perhaps rebooting
resolves the issue.

Of course:

access-list xxx deny udp any any eq 1434

helps, as well, in my case... lotta incoming hits to 1434... but none
outbound in the past 20 minutes