Level3 routing issues?

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Sat Jan 25 06:37:29 UTC 2003

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> I dunno about that. But, I am seeing, in the last couple hours, all kinds
> of new traffic.
>
> like, customers who never get attacked or anything, all of a sudden:
>
> 	http://mrtg.nac.net/switch9.oct.nac.net/3865/switch9.oct.nac.net-3865.html
>

> We are seeing this on ports all across out network -- nearly 1/2 our ports
> are in delta alarm right now.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> I will dig more to look at the traffic.

Interesting, at almost the exact same time (call it 12:30), qwest dropped
all but 1000 routes through IAD...still trying to get somebody on the
phone at their IP noc, not having much luck. Genuity seems fine at the
moment...

Any speculation yet? Kind of an odd coincidence of problems...

Oh, just got through...fiber cut in DC?

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access