Last Call for Participation: Peering BOF VI at NANOG

William B. Norton wbn at equinix.com
Fri Jan 24 20:06:50 UTC 2003

Several folks have asked me for a list of who is participating at the
Peering BOF VI at NANOG. Here is a list of who I have so far:

Steve Schecter  Net Access Corp AS8001
Chris Malayter          TDS Telecom             AS4181
Celeste Anderson        USC/ISI                 AS226
Daniel Golding          AOL/Time Warner AS1668
Shawn Solomon   Indiana Telecom Net     AS1767
Chris Caputo            Altopia                 AS6456
Ingrid Erkman           ICG                     AS2551
Matthew Ploessel        ToneLink                AS26322
Ren Nowlin              SBC                     AS7132, 5673, 5676, ...
Patrick Gilmore Akamai                  AS12222
Louie Lee               Equinix                 AS14609, 9989, 17819
Allison Feese           BroadWing               AS6395
Joe Provo               RCN                     AS6079
Joe Klein               Adelphia                AS19548
Pete Kruckenberg        Utah Educ Net           AS210

We can take maybe 10 or so more Peering Coordinators. If you would like to
participate, please fill out the form and send it to wbn at equinix.com.

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0302/norton.html

For the BOF we'll have each Peering Coordinator stand up, introduce
themselves, talk about their network, what they look for in a peer and why
other ISPs/CPs should want to peer with them. On the screen behind them
will be their contact info (Name,email,AS/Company Peering URL) along with
answers to the questions about Peering Inclination (Content Heavy, Access
Heavy, Open Peering vs. Multi-Site requirements, etc.) and Current/Planned
Peering locations. This has proven to be a valuable way for Peering
Coordinators to meet each other and make that initial contact for
establishing peering. ( It is much easier when people recognize you from
your 3-5 minutes of fame.)

Comments/Suggestions welcome.

Bill