att.net email issues?

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Fri Jan 24 17:01:34 UTC 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Chris at UUNet help determine this is a rDNS issue.  att.net seems to have
> started rejecting email from mail servers that don't have a proper reverse
> DNS entry.  This is a good thing, even though it is causing me some problems
> at the moment.  Thanks Chris.

Hah! That'll last all of about three days.

At least, that's how long it took for my users to line up outside with
pitchforks and shotguns...we quickly removed that check from being the
default behavior and added it to our most aggressive filtering
configuration (for those users who, like me, just don't give a damn about
getting mail from people who can't take the time to configure reverse
DNS.)

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access