can you ping mount everest?

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Thu Jan 23 14:25:29 UTC 2003

Hello;

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but News.Google appends a
&partner=Google variable into New York Times URL's  so that news.google
readers  can get NYT stories
without registration. Another reason to use News.Google. This should work

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/23/technology/circuits/23sher.html?ex=1043902800&
en=d811bb662d65fdc4&ei=5062&partner=GOOGLE

For a different take, see

http://www.detnews.com/2003/technology/0301/20/technology-64000.htm

Regards
Marshall  Eubanks

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 08:41  AM, Gordon Cook wrote:

>> The link wants you to log in with a New York Times login...
>> -Mike
>>

> If you follow the web site instructions you will be logged in with your
> own password in 2 or 3 minutes and if your browser save your pasaword
> an login id with a cookie you will never have to log in again on that
> machine at least.
>
> I would send the text to the list if susan harris gave me permission
> but i am not expecting her  to do so because as I understand it that
> would be pushing list policy beyond the limits.
>
> the story author  really did manage to capture the essential importance
> of what Tsering Gyaltsen Sherpa for the sherpas of the khumbu is doing
> which is something far different and more important than just a cyber
> cafe at base camp.
> -- ========================================================
> The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA (609)
> for 10 years at http://cookreport.com/past_issues.shtml  VoIP
> Enterprise Adopt & Open Spectrum
> January Feb 2003 107 pages available at
> http://cookreport.com/11.11.shtml

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc.
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme at multicasttech.com
http://www.multicasttech.com

Test your network for multicast :
http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/