OT: Re: FW: Re: Is there a line of defense against Distributed Reflective attacks?

Paul Wouters paul at xtdnet.nl
Thu Jan 23 14:01:34 UTC 2003

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

> > Something I'm surprised no one has commented on considering the
> > direction of this thread has been should ISPs be responsible for
> > customer actions if they are not allowed to refuse service to customers?
>
> ISP's can't refuse service to customers?

As I've come to understand, this depends on what system is in use. In the
Anglo-Saxon system, "free" market is everything. But in post Napoleon
France for instance, it is considered a privilege to offer commercial
services to the public, and one of the obligations that comes with that
privilege, is to offer that commercial services to everyone who pays,
without discrimination.

I'm sure better suited people are around to explain these differences
better then I can.

If only revolutions wouldn't be in violation of law :)

Paul
--
God devised pigeons as a means of punishment for man. Probably after
the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrha he wanted to make sure that people