can you ping mount everest?

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Thu Jan 23 13:41:01 UTC 2003

>The link wants you to log in with a New York Times login...
>-Mike

If you follow the web site instructions you will be logged in with
your own password in 2 or 3 minutes and if your browser save your
pasaword an login id with a cookie you will never have to log in
again on that machine at least.

I would send the text to the list if susan harris gave me permission
but i am not expecting her  to do so because as I understand it that
would be pushing list policy beyond the limits.

the story author  really did manage to capture the essential
importance of what Tsering Gyaltsen Sherpa for the sherpas of the
khumbu is doing which is something far different and more important
than just a cyber cafe at base camp.
Enterprise Adopt & Open Spectrum
January Feb 2003 107 pages available at http://cookreport.com/11.11.shtml