OT: FW: Re: Is there a line of defense against Distributed Reflective attacks?

Al Rowland alan_r1 at corp.earthlink.net
Wed Jan 22 18:58:00 UTC 2003

1. I also remember when web page standards required you to design
everything to fit in a 640x400 screen. DTV/HDTV will significantly
change your 'not much in the way of image quality loss' yardstick. My
viewing habits have changed significantly in the year plus I've been
DTV/HDTV. Among other things, I go to the movies a lot less. DVD quality
(which is lower than HDTV) is better than most movie theaters and
there's no gum/spilled drink (most of the time) on my floor.

2. I already have it. It's called broadcast. $100 (could have been less
but I always over design) antenna and $20 of coax. No monthly fee. I do
pay for the DirecTV feed, but that's a separate flame war.

Of course, you could just as easily be right.

Best regards,
Al Rowland

SNIP
> Drifting off-topic, but those are 'raw' data rates.
> Compression algorithms along with motion-estimation allow you
> to get full-screen video down to
> ~1.5 Mbps with not much in the way of image quality loss.

SNIP

http://www.megapop.net