FW: Re: Is there a line of defense against Distributed Reflective attacks?

Al Rowland alan_r1 at corp.earthlink.net
Wed Jan 22 17:28:18 UTC 2003

Not to mention that fact that 99.99% of current consumer connections are
not up to the task. Standard full-screen video digital stream is ~6Mbps,
HDTV requires 19.4Mbps. Don't know many consumers with T3s. ;)

As always, it gets down to doing the math, something may dot bombers
weren't (aren't) very good at. AOL/Time Warner is just the first major
example of this 'not yet ready for prime time' business plan. Not to
mention the effect everyone on AOL going to broadband and downloading
Disney clips all the time would have on their settlement plans with
backbone providers.

When fiber-to-the-curb is the norm we'll be able to 'Ride the Light'
Until then, your mileage may vary. You might also see some change in
settlement plans and consumer pricing about that same time.

Best regards,
Al Rowland