Cheap SONET mux recommendations

Mathew Lodge Mathew at CPlane.com
Tue Jan 21 01:16:44 UTC 2003

I'm looking for recommendations for a small, cheap SONET ADM for our labs.
It doesn't have to be fancy, just basic ADM and TDM mux functionality -- we
don't care about NEBS, redundancy, remote management, cabling simplicity,
power etc.

Our ideal system would take in a channelized OC3/STM-1 and drop out CT3 /
CE3 and  T1 / E1 trunks. We're open to having a cheap OC3/STM-1 to CT3/CE3
ADM, and then using an M13 to demux the CT3/CE3, if that's a better
combination.

Replies off-list appreciated (I can summarize if there is interest).

Thanks,

Mathew