[spamtools] Tracking a DDOS

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Mon Jan 20 04:36:31 UTC 2003

At 10:00 PM 1/19/2003, John Payne wrote:

>--On Sunday, January 19, 2003 05:35:07 PM -0800 "william at sokol.elan.net"
><william at sokol.elan.net> wrote:
>

>>'n confused. I thought AppliedTheory (was CRL) was bought by Clearblue
>>which later aquired part in Navisite and later had Navisite aquire
>>most of Clearblue (sounds weird, I know). Now appliedtheory.com goes to
>>navisite, so I assumed appliedtheory was aquired as part of clearblue,
>>(if it wasn't why the website going there)? So is its history:
>>
>>crl->appliedtheory->clearblue->navisite->fastnet
>

>Not sure of the full history, but http://www.fast.net/news/files/060302-pr.pdf

As a Clearblue customer, I can confirm that all the Applied Theory stuff
seems to be gone now from the support pages. (The same functionality is
there, but the appliedtheory.com URL's have all been changed to
clearblue.com names)

Some of the stuff looks pretty cool - being able to monitor from a website
your rack's temperatures, voltages, the datacenter's UPS and generator
statuses, etc... Unfortunately it's all "coming soon"(unless you're in
Syracuse), and has been for at least 6 months. Applied Theory was also
supposed to be doing port, application and server monitoring, which seems
to overlap with what Navisite offers, so that may have something to do with
its departure.