How do I get host records deleted?

william at elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Jan 15 17:57:17 UTC 2003

At this time no registrar can delete host records. What they do is
transfer your host into another specifially reserved domain, for example
NSI uses LAME-DELEGATION.ORG, so if you had ns1.somedomain.com, it would
become LAME99999.LAME-DELEGATION.ORG. Other registrars have their own
domains for such domains (for example opensrs is NS-NOT-IN-SERVICE.COM).
Usually hosts are transfered into these domains before domain is deleted
(for non-payment) but if you talk to your registrar (which is difficult
with NSI...), their engineers can do it with active domains too.