How do I get host records deleted?

Adam McKenna adam-nanog at flounder.net
Wed Jan 15 06:54:31 UTC 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:53:47PM -0800, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

> I have IP address space. An address in that address space is listed as
> a host record for a fair number of domains that are not mine. Hence, DNS
> requests come to that address. But I cannot delete the host record, because
> there are domains using it.
>
> Is there a magic contact somewhere at Network Solutions that can fix this?

Is there really an appreciable amount of traffic being caused by this?

Anyway, only your registrar can delete host records.  If Network Solutions is
your registrar, then they can do it.  If they refuse (due to the host being
in use), then your best bet might be to change it to another address,
possibly one you've null routed.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna <adam at flounder.net>   | GPG: 17A4 11F7 5E7E C2E7 08AA