OT. - The end of inet-access

JC Dill nanog at vo.cnchost.com
Mon Jan 13 22:53:57 UTC 2003

At 05:04 PM 01/13/2003 -0500, Andy Dills wrote:

 >Another possible reason inet-access is more on-topic is because JC's ten
 >times more dictatorial than Susan. She doesn't care if you've been posting
 >for 7 years, if you annoy her, you're gone unless you do what she tells
 >you to. But I'm bitter and biased...mea culpa.

For the record:

The reason you were unsub$cribed is because A) you started a flame war and
B) my attempts to email you privately to discuss this (in an attempt to get
the flame war to stop) were unsuccessful due to your (IMHO overly
aggressive) spam filters bouncing my private email to you.

If you had accepted my emails, stopped the flame war, and discussed the
issue with me in private email, you would not have been unsub$cribed.  And
as I said before, you are still welcome to subscribe as long as you agree
to follow the list policy, which includes not starting flame wars and
ceasing them immediately when you are told to stop.  When you elect to
bounce email from the list admin at the same time you start and feed a
flame war, you run the risk that you can't be told to stop and will be
*made* to stop by being unsub$cribed as I will not debate this type of
behavior "on the list" nor let the flame war run unchecked.  The list
membership expects this of the list admin, and I do my best to do a good
job.  Anyone who thinks I'm not doing the right thing is more than welcome
to complain to Avi and offer to do the job instead.

jc  (the ever under-appreciated *volunteer* inet-admin list administrator)