fast Ethernet limits

Paul Wouters paul at xtdnet.nl
Fri Jan 10 22:03:20 UTC 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> I've seen people use shielded CAT5 to protect it from interference but
> they didn't bother grounding the shielding on either end....

In the "me too" category, I've seen a company install wireless on top of
the Netherland's highest building (The Rembrandt's tower), which included
using a lightning arrestor, and not ground it.

It only took 3 storms (and 3 wireless cards) before they finally decided
to ground the thing, and at the time, they weren't that cheap either :)

Paul
--
God devised pigeons as a means of punishment for man. Probably after
the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrha he wanted to make sure that people