Puerto Rico Peering Point, or existence thereof.

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Fri Jan 10 17:23:14 UTC 2003

      On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Ray Burkholder wrote:
    > Anyway, ATT has undersea fibre to Puerto Rico.  We want to get a DS3
    > into a Puerto Rico peering center where we can get connectivity to some
    > combo of ATT, Sprint, Worldcom, and T-Data.  Is anyone familiar with
    > such a location in PR?

I can say with reasonable certainty that one does not exist.
http://www.pch.net/resources/data/exchange-points/
is the list, and we don't have anything in there for Puerto Rico, which
means that there hasn't been one in the past, none presently that we know
of, none in the planning stages that we know of, and no unsubstantiated
rumors of one.

    > If not there, how about Florida?

As many people have pointed out, NOTA, the NAP of the Americas, in Miami,
is probably your best bet.

                                -Bill