US-Asia Peering Research Request

Kurt Erik Lindqvist kurtis at kurtis.pp.se
Fri Jan 10 12:02:39 UTC 2003

> I remember back at APRICOT in 1999 that some folks (Dave Rand and
> colleagues maybe?) were talking about an initiative to provide an AP
> Peering Ring...

Just out of curiosity on this topic. Is there anyone who ever managed
to get a distributed peering point to work? If I remember history
somewhat correct, the first attempt was D-GIX back in 1993(?). That
failed (if Peter or someone else who was at KTHNOC back then is reading
maybe you can give the facts), and I think I know of 3-4 other attempts
that failed.

Anyone care to shed any light on this?

Best regards,

- kurtis -