Weird networking issue.

Braun, Mike MBraun at firstam.com
Tue Jan 7 22:22:26 UTC 2003

I think we all agree that autonegotiation is evil, and should be avoided
whenever possible.  When you are looking for the root cause of the errors on
your 3660, look at the speed and duplex settings for each device connecting
to the etherstack hub.  If one of those is miss-configured or possibly has a
failing NIC, bad packets will be transmitted out all ports on the hub and
will show up in the "show int f0/0" output on your router.

Mike Braun