COM/NET informational message

Daniel Senie dts at senie.com
Fri Jan 3 22:15:38 UTC 2003

At 04:24 PM 1/3/2003, Brandon Butterworth wrote:

> > Am I the only one that finds this perversion of the DNS protocol
> > abhorrent and scary?
>
>Sounds like a fine interweb kludge
>
>It'll just be annoying until other applications aquire similar
>bodgery as the users will not understand why they can't use it
>for mail and all

The Internet Explorer plug-in approach they're using is quite reminicent of
the new.net folks' methods. The Internet is more than just the web, just as
there are many more browsers out there than just Microsoft's.

It's so nice Verisign is pushing a solution for COM/NET. I have to wonder
if we'll have a different solution in .ORG, another in .BIZ, etc. Folks,
this is why we cooperate with competitors and produce standards.