69.0.0.0/8 - Please update your filters

Haesu haesu at towardex.com
Wed Feb 26 02:49:00 UTC 2003

> If the alternative is getting space, giving it to customers, and
> explaining why they can't reach X, Y, and Z on their connection to us, but
> they can on other internet connections, we're going to at least have to
> try.

True, but we'd have to try something that would be effective... Imagine
how many of those incompetent ASN's still have _outdated_ technical
contact email and phone numbers..

> I like the idea of moving the gtld servers into such space.  That way, the
> networks that are at fault will break, and they'll be well motivated to
> fix their filters.

I think this is the way to go. It will break the ASN's who do not properly
have updated filters. The only thing to be careful is a type of
consequence where some of _your_ customers may attempt to get to one of
the broken ASN's. DNS issue at the broken ASN's may cause few
minor-to-medium oddities that may cause more phone calls on your end.

-hc