[Re: [Re: M$SQL cleanup incentives]]

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Fri Feb 21 19:02:09 UTC 2003

> On the other hand, Timeline's case is YEARS old and they are going
> after treble damages from companies who just took Microsoft's word
> that there was nothing to worry about. Some people should be VERY
> nervous, indeed.

Thats the part that worries me greatly. This general idea may apply
to a lot of other cases. The way I read the news story, you can not
rely on your vendor to provide you with legally licensed software.
Do you have to check for each software (firmware?) component you
buy? How do you ever find out which licensed components are included?