scripts to map IP to AS?

Jake Khuon khuon at NEEBU.Net
Thu Feb 20 20:47:58 UTC 2003

### On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:25:52 -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu casually
### decided to expound upon khuon at NEEBU.Net (Jake Khuon) the following
### thoughts about "Re: scripts to map IP to AS? ":

VK> Are there any recommendations for caching of the results? Do, don't, not for
VK> over 72 hours, etc?  I think most people that do an AS-enabled traceroute
VK> are always going to be getting the same answers back for the first few hops
VK> to *ANYWHERE* - caching at least "your local neighborhood" could dramatically
VK> cut the number of queries....

Another option would be to download IRRd and run it locally in
mirror/caching mode then just point your whois queries to it.

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- |