scripts to map IP to AS?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Feb 20 20:25:52 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:14:28 PST, Jake Khuon <khuon at NEEBU.Net>  said:

> Just a reminder to everyone who intends to query the IRR/RADB...  Please be
> nice to the RADB whois server and don't DoS it.  Open a persistant

Are there any recommendations for caching of the results? Do, don't, not for
over 72 hours, etc?  I think most people that do an AS-enabled traceroute
are always going to be getting the same answers back for the first few hops
to *ANYWHERE* - caching at least "your local neighborhood" could dramatically
cut the number of queries....
--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer