IPv6 Peering Request

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Sat Feb 15 22:47:17 UTC 2003

All the IPv6 routers in our network are cisco.

We host about 1500 IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels via our tunnel broker.

Many of the tunnel broker users are running cisco routers.

Yes I was going too fast and missed his comment (it didn't parse)
otherwise I would have pointed out that if he is running a cisco with an
IOS that supports IPv6 he can run IPv6 in tunnels over IPv4.

For example:

interface Tunnel1
 description An IPv6 tunnel peer
 no ip address
 ipv6 address <IPv6-address-for-your-side>/127
 ipv6 enable
 tunnel source <IPv4-address-on-your-router>
 tunnel destination <IPv4-address-on-peer's-router>
 tunnel mode ipv6ip

Mike.

On 15 Feb 2003, Nicolas DEFFAYET wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 02:39, Mike Leber wrote:
> > We operate a free IPv6 tunnel broker at http://tunnelbroker.com
>
> Jeffrey Wheat said: "so brokers are no an option for us".
>
> > On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Jeffrey Wheat wrote:
> >

> > > Is there anyone that would be interested in providing a tunnel
> > > to the 6bone for us? We are in Charlotte, NC and would prefer
> > > to establish a tunnel with someone close by. We'd be doing this
> > > via a cisco router so brokers are no an option for us. We are
> > > AS8175.
>
> --
> Nicolas DEFFAYET, NDSoftware
> NDSoftware NOC: http://noc.ndsoftwarenet.com/
> FNIX6: http://www.fnix6.net/
> EuroNOG: http://www.euronog.org/

| Mike Leber           Direct Internet Connections   Voice 510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric     Web Hosting  Colocation       Fax 510 580 4151 |
| mleber at he.net                                       http://www.he.net |