"Selfish Routing"

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Feb 15 06:14:06 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Pete Kruckenberg wrote:

> Abstractions and analogies aside, is this really a problem,
> and is it really worth solving? Sounds like a lot of
> additional complexity for the supposed benefits.

When I read the article I didnt recognize anything in it that correlated
with my understanding as to how BGP et all works. Am I the only one who
after reading it thought the author needs to cut back on whatever drugs he
is taking?

I have never seen any router "send test packets and time them" nor take
congestion into account when doing routing decisions?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se