Streaming: Where are the Slides?

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Tue Feb 11 19:03:19 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, Feb 11, 2003, at 13:42 Canada/Eastern, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> The slides are (almost) all available at the start of each talk in
> PDF. Go to http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0302/agenda.html. Select a talk
> that is about to begin (or has begun) and a pointer to the slides is
> at the end of the abstract.

I've been following like that, but it's not always obvious what slide
is on the screen, particularly with the better speakers who talk around
their slides rather than simply reading them out.

I liked the mix of slides, speaker and audience that were happening
yesterday. It would be much better if the output from the podium laptop
was mixed directly into the video capture device, though, rather than
being projected onto a screen and then captured with a camera. The
latter approach makes the slides illegible in many cases.

Joe