VoIP QOS best practices

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Mon Feb 10 19:32:54 UTC 2003

There are many companies with branch offices scattered across the
country who already have data circuits in place.  Why not use those
circuits, which in many cases are data T1's, for sharing both voice and
data?

Long distance rates are so low now-a-days, it is hard to justify voip
for that reason alone anymore.  But voip on circuits between branch
offices allows the capability of uniform dialling plans, user extension
between branch offices, traffic management, access to messaging systems,
etc, etc.

For corporate communcations, when mixed with other technologies, voip is
a very powerful tool.  And in some contexts, converts in the realm of IP
Telephony.

Ray Burkholder