VoIP QOS best practices

Shawn Solomon ssolomon at ind.net
Mon Feb 10 18:54:22 UTC 2003

If you are in an environment where the uplink is already saturated, or
nearly so, QOS is necessary.  But QOS only discards packets in times of
contention.  So, if you don't have contention, you don't need it.  IF
you have 300 people and 4meg of data all fighting for that t1, it makes
a world of difference.