VoIP QOS best practices

chaim fried cfried at wireone.com
Mon Feb 10 18:19:08 UTC 2003

I have tested this in lab settings for video over IP (t1 with multiple
384k calls and data) , and came to that same conclusion. While it works
on the tail and needs to be implemented bi-directionally (which never
happens). There is no reason to implement QOS on the Core. Having said
that, there still seems to be too many issues on the tier 1 networks
with pacekt reordering as they affect h.261/h.263 traffic.