Cisco 7507, erratic behaviour

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Mon Feb 10 16:53:58 UTC 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Andy Dills wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Drew Weaver wrote:
>

> > 	Howdy, Im having a little difficulty with a 7507, when I do sh run
> > it just returns a newline and doesn't show me any the running-configuration.
> > My privelege level is 15, and this worked yesterday. I also did wr term,
> > same thing.. New line.. Nothing.. My start-config hasn't been modified, and
> > show start works great. Everything is working Ok in the router, however I am
> > concerned for obvious reasons. ;-)
>
> Reload it, and when it asks if you want to save the changed config, say no
> (unless you're a masochist.)

Ironically, this happened to a buddy of mine this weekend, and he was in a
situation where he couldn't reload for several hours and really needed to
change the running config...so, I did a couple of searches to see if I
could figure anything out for him, and I came across a post by Jared Mauch
on the cisco list (this question would have been better asked there in the
first place) that suggested doing a "clear ip route *". Sure enough, that
cleared up the memory logjam and access to the running-config was
restored.

Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access