Cascading Failures Could Crash the Global Internet

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Sun Feb 9 17:35:27 UTC 2003

Hello;

A packet switched network can be engineered against cascading failures
in a way that's hard for a circuit switched network. Every time you see a
random wait in a protocol, it's a good bet that the protocol writers
were trying to
protect against the tight coupling that leads to cascading failures.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks