Cisco 7507, erratic behaviour

Newell, Tony tony.newell at BellSouth.com
Sat Feb 8 20:20:42 UTC 2003

Drew,

I'm sure that by now you have reloaded your router and everything is working
great; however, in the future treat this issue like a memory usage problem.
When this problem returns here are some things you can look for;

1.  Low processing memory
2.  Too many telnet sessions
3.  Hung TCP connections
4.  Memory fragmentation

Tony Newell

-----Original Message-----
From: Haesu [mailto:haesu at towardex.com]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 4:28 PM
To: Drew Weaver
Cc: 'nanog at merit.edu'
Subject: Re: Cisco 7507, erratic behaviour

I've seen that before.

It's usually okay to just leave it running unless you really have a need
to show the running-config at this hour.

If I were you, I would wait and reboot the whole thing at like 4 in the
morning when not many people are online.

-hc

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Drew Weaver wrote:
> 	Howdy, Im having a little difficulty with a 7507, when I do sh run
> it just returns a newline and doesn't show me any the
running-configuration. My privelege level is 15, and this worked yesterday.
I also did wr term,
> same thing.. New line.. Nothing.. My start-config hasn't been modified,
and
> show start works great. Everything is working Ok in the router, however I
am
> concerned for obvious reasons. ;-)

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."