Odd DNS responses for www.neopets.com

just me matt at snark.net
Fri Feb 7 00:30:10 UTC 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Alex Lambert wrote:

  The 78 addresses listed here are all in one bit of a /24. In the cases I've
  seen, there are a few servers listed in several different locations,
  network- (and location-) wise. I agree that this looks really weird. Perhaps
  they use it as a cheap load balancer?

For your routing convenience:

matt at pants:~$ mysql -e 'select network, mask, owner from routes where
owner="NeoPets";' spam
+---------------+------+---------+
| network       | mask | owner   |
+---------------+------+---------+
| 198.172.121.0 |   24 | NeoPets |
+---------------+------+---------+

Thank you verio, for returning useful information for
"NETBLK-A019-198-172-121-0", including "NeoPets" as the owner name,
but returning "No match" for a query on "NeoPets".

I am absolutely positive Verio would never aid and conceal customers
of theirs that are guilty of such abusive and criminal behavior.

matto

   Flowers on the razor wire/I know you're here/We are few/And far
   between/I was thinking about her skin/Love is a many splintered
   thing/Don't be afraid now/Just walk on in. #include <disclaim.h>