shuttle flash crowd statistics

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sat Feb 1 21:54:59 UTC 2003

Thanks for the response Chris.  I should not have used the word
"provider" when speaking of NASA.  All the traceroutes I have done show
hand-off from your company though.  For example:

9  193.ATM4-0.BR2.SJC1.ALTER.NET (152.63.51.181)
    [...]
13  border.hcn.hq.nasa.gov (198.116.63.2)
14  realhq.hq.nasa.gov (198.116.66.254)

and

10  POS6-0.BR3.DCA6.ALTER.NET [152.63.38.117]
    [...]
14  border.hcn.hq.nasa.gov [198.116.63.2]
15  realhq.hq.nasa.gov (198.116.66.254)

BTW folks are interested, but there is little data coming in to share.
As time goes on, I hope folks that show unusual traffic levels (on both
sides; eyeball networks and content networks as well as transit networks)
will send pointers to me that I can share with others.  I am very
interested in flash crowd situations and how to mitigate the problems
associated with them...

scott