Internet law

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Wed Dec 31 19:09:09 UTC 2003

I can add, that, even if 'tracking back' do not work well, active defense
(honey pots, etc etc) works in 99% cases.
In our case (RU-CERT few years ago), main problem was time - any tracking or
honey pot acrtivities consumed tremendous time,
and resulted, in 99% cases, in revealing 2 more school students without any
clue in their brains.

But it works - set up a traps, allow to get control over a few systems and
trace actions back, generate (and than track usage) few _real_ credit card
numbers and few _real_ bank accounts - and, in time, you will have someone's
face... Technically - no any problem. (Legal issues are another story... in
States).

Alexei Roudnev