Internet law

Joe Abley jabley at isc.org
Tue Dec 30 18:39:47 UTC 2003

On 30 Dec 2003, at 11:07, John Obi wrote:

> when will we see the FBI, and other local police in
> the other countries send the script kiddies to the
> JAILL so we can use the internet without too much
> pain?

You're asking how long it might take for every government in every
single jurisdiction in the world to pass a coherent set of laws about
something that the average person knows nothing about, and to enforce
them in a compatible way?

Here's a vague guess: take the time it would take to agree a useful set
of laws in just one jurisdiction, then raise it to the power of twenty.

Joe