Bandwidth Control Question

Claydon, Tom Tom.Claydon at DobsonTelco.net
Fri Dec 19 15:25:44 UTC 2003

Hello,

A customer of ours in the next building would like 6M of Internet bandwidth
from us, so we would wire a DS3 between the two buildings for connectivity.

The question is: how to we control the amount of bandwidth that we give
them? Could we use rate limiting to contain the bandwdith to 6M, our would
we need to get external IDSU's to do that?

Note: we have a Cisco 7206VXR router on our end. The customer has a Cisco
7513.

Thanks,

= TC

--